Jaguar Wins the Title of the Best Manufacturer 2013
|   Sunday, June 09, 2013
Jaguar is the top manufacturer of 2013 according to a customer satisfaction survey by JD Power. The survey, held in the UK, covered more than 16,000 car owners and 116 different models of vehicles, all aged between one and three years. Points were awarded for reliability, performance, service and running costs and Jaguar rode into the top spot on the XF. Jaguars were always known for performance, even though the vehicles did have some minor issues regarding reliability in the early days.


Owners had to award points for 66 different criteria and the winner was chosen accordingly. The Jaguar XF finished third on the overall rankings as the users thought that it was excellent in most fields of application. The Lexus RX came in fourth apart from wining the category for big SUVs.

In the overall manufacture's title, Jaguar came in first, followed closely by Lexus with Honda at its heels. The Honda Jazz came in the sixth spot and was the best creation from Honda in the lineup. The Jaguar XF was however beaten by the Yeti and the Superb, both from the house of Skoda. Skoda finished fourth in the overall manufacturer's rank table. Chevrolet came in last with the Spark.

JD Power survey measures the popularity of vehicles and manufacturers by consenting with the owners. Some of the major parameters which decided the fate of the vehicles ranged from overall pricing to maintenance and running costs, vehicle and ownership review and personal experiences with the cars. The respondents were at an average age of fifty while 58 percent of the respondents were male while the other 42 percent were female drivers.

Collectively, the drivers drove for more than 340 million miles and hence their review was quite precious for the rating system. The top 10 brands were Jaguar, Lexus, Honda, Skoda, Mercedes Benz, Land Rover, Volvo, Toyota, Nissan, Seat and Volkswagen. The last five car brands (bottoms up) were Chevrolet, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, Mitsubishi and Fiat. The top 10 models are Skoda Superb, Jaguar XF, Skoda Yeti, Citroen DS3, Honda Jazz, Lexus RX, Volvo S60, Volkswagen Passat CC, Lexus IS, Toyota Prius and the Mercedes Benz B Class.
PHOTO GALLERY
Comments:
Name required * Email required Email not valid *
Comment required *

Latest news
Sunday, August 19, 2018 10:30:31 Nissan is present at the Detroit Auto Show with a compact concept SUV called...
Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:25:17 Another Hyundai premiere at the Detroit Auto Show is the new Veloster N,...
Friday, August 17, 2018 10:20:24 The South Koreans from Kia presented at the Auto Show in Detroit the new...
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:15:59 After a massive promotion campaign, the US subdivision of Hyundai has officially...
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:05:55 Acura boasted that the new RDX is 100% made in the United States and is...
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 09:54:10 At the core of the new VW Jetta is the MQB platform, which is already used...
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 09:50:38 General Motors held the world premiere for the new generation Chevrolet...
Monday, August 13, 2018 09:45:39 The Ram Trucks brand, currently belonging to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles,...
Sunday, August 12, 2018 09:39:52 Ford brought the new generation mid-size Ranger pick-up at the Detroit Auto...
Saturday, August 11, 2018 09:34:13 At the Auto Show in Detroit, American car manufacturer Ford celebrates the...