Audi Supercars To Shake The World With 605 HP, 0-100 km/h In 3.7 Seconds
|   Tuesday, November 17, 2015
Audi RS6 Avant and RS7 Sportback have received a sportier variant, called Performance. The variant is equipped with a 4.0 TFSI engine, with 605 hp and 750 Nm of torque. Regardless of what model we are talking about the brand from Ingolstadt made sure acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h requires just 3.7 seconds.
The two performance variants, RS6 Avant and RS7 Sportback, share the acceleration from 0 to 200 km/h of 12.1 seconds too. Despite the increased performance, the two Performance versions for the RS6 Avant and RS7 Sportback keep the same fuel consumption as the ordinary version, 9.
liters or 9.5 liters per 100 km in standard NEDC combined cycle test. CO2 emissions of the two variants are 223 grams/kilometer, respectively 221 grams per kilometer.
The improved performance of the two Audi models was possible by optimizing the 4.0 TFSI motorization, which received new software for the engine control unit, and the engineers have decided to increase the maximum RPM and the boost pressure.
In the overboost regime, the V8 turbocharged by RS6 Avant's Performance and RS7 Sportback's Performance delivers 750 Nm of torque. In normal use, maximum torque delivered is 700 Nm.
The only transmission which is part of the two performance variants is an eight-speed automatic gearbox coupled to Quattro all-wheel drive.
In the standard version, 60 percent of the resources are delivered to the rear wheels and the remaining 40 percent goes to the front, but the proportions change depending on grip. Optionally, the rear axle can get a sport differential with active distribution for extra grip and control.
The Performance variants have an adaptive pneumatic suspension, a lower ground clearance of 20 millimeters compared to the versions from which they originated. The dampers are electronically controlled and can be adjusted via Audi drive select.
Optionally, the RS sports suspension with Dynamic Ride Control system is offered. In the steering system a dynamic system with Continuously variable ratio drive is offered optionally.
The wheel drive, automatic transmission and pneumatic suspension are standard. Optionally, we get carbon-ceramic brakes, rear sport differential, Dynamic Ride Control system and dynamic steering.
Whether we are talking about the RS6 Avant Performance or about RS7 Sportback Performance, Audi has equipped them with large ventilation slots at the bumpers level, a strong profile rear diffuser, a front grille with honeycombed pattern and glossy black finish, shiny finish trims that mimic titanium and an exclusive color: blue metallic Ascari.
In the standard version, the inside of the two models is dressed in Alcantara and leather combination and has stitching with honeycombed pattern. The instrument panel clocks have black dials, red needles, and the numbers are written in white. The cabin is crammed with carbon fiber trim and the upholstery is stitched with blue or red, depending on whether you elected or not the RS performance package design.
On the German market, the Audi RS6 Avant Performance costs 117,000 euros and the RS7 Sportback Performance costs 121,700 euros. Audi dealers will receive the new model starting in November.
PHOTO GALLERY
Comments:
Name required * Email required Email not valid *
Comment required *

Latest news
Sunday, August 19, 2018 10:30:31 Nissan is present at the Detroit Auto Show with a compact concept SUV called...
Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:25:17 Another Hyundai premiere at the Detroit Auto Show is the new Veloster N,...
Friday, August 17, 2018 10:20:24 The South Koreans from Kia presented at the Auto Show in Detroit the new...
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:15:59 After a massive promotion campaign, the US subdivision of Hyundai has officially...
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:05:55 Acura boasted that the new RDX is 100% made in the United States and is...
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 09:54:10 At the core of the new VW Jetta is the MQB platform, which is already used...
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 09:50:38 General Motors held the world premiere for the new generation Chevrolet...
Monday, August 13, 2018 09:45:39 The Ram Trucks brand, currently belonging to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles,...
Sunday, August 12, 2018 09:39:52 Ford brought the new generation mid-size Ranger pick-up at the Detroit Auto...
Saturday, August 11, 2018 09:34:13 At the Auto Show in Detroit, American car manufacturer Ford celebrates the...